Experiment 1: Single Phase Power Measurement
- Fluke meter
- Resistor rack
- Select a value of resistor on the rack by using an ohmmeter.
- Set up the circuit as shown in fig 1 and use the resistor rack as load.
- Use the variac to supply single phase voltage between 60-120 V to the resistor.
- Use the digital wattmeter as wattmeter.
- Measure Voltage Current and power absorbed by the load and record your readings in table 1.
- Switch off the variac and repeat step 4 using the fluke meter as the wattmeter.
- Take a picture of your table and upload it under Lab assignment 1 “Data”
|Using digital wattmeter|
|Using fluke meter|
- Find the power absorbed by:
- Instrument reading (i) Fluke meter (ii) Digital wattmeter.
- Compare the two readings (formula and wattmeter) .